- Getting Started
- Supporting Eleventy
- Working with Templates
- Using Data
- Template Languages
- Release History
- Code of Conduct
Using Data #
Data can be used on a template from multiple different sources.
- Configure your Templates: Set data to configure how your template behaves in Eleventy.
- Eleventy Supplied Data: Use data that Eleventy provides to you.
- Set your own data anywhere in the Data Cascade to render in your templates.
Sources of Data #
When the data is merged in the Eleventy Data Cascade, the order of priority for sources of data is (from highest priority to lowest):
- Computed Data
- Front Matter Data in a Template
- Front Matter Data in Layouts
- Template Data Files
- Directory Data Files (and ascending Parent Directories)
- Global Data Files
- Custom Global Data