- Getting Started
- Working with Templates
- Using Data
- Template Languages
- API Services
- Release History
The very first Eleventy 1.0 Beta Release #
2021 October 06
It is my absolute honor to announce that the very first Eleventy 1.0 Beta release is now available on the beta channel. You can try it out now:
# Local project
npm install @11ty/eleventy@beta
# Global install
npm install @11ty/eleventy@beta -g
The Big Features: #
- Requires Node 12+
- Eleventy Serverless, a fantastic way to do dynamic server side rendering on request or lazily via Distributed Persistent Rendering.
- A plugin to help you upgrade from
- Support for CLI arguments to do JSON and NDJSON output (instead of writing to the file system). Use
- Custom File Extension Handlers! Plugins can now add their own template types and tie them to a file extension.
- Enables the Data Deep Merge feature by default.
- Upgrades to internal template language plugins for:
- And more! Check out the full list of 135+ issues in the GitHub milestone.
A Big List of Thanks #
- Our awesome Eleventy GitHub Support Team:
- Folks that contributed code, starter projects, plugins, wrote blog posts (share what you learned—on your web site), recorded podcasts or did streams, helped with documentation! Here are a few of our contributors:
- Our awesome community of over 444 documented Eleventy Authors. The absolute best thing you can do is build something for yourself! Here are the top 11 authors (ordered by number of sites) listed on our showcase:
- Eleventy Leaderboards (the people that built the sites currently holding the top 11 spots)
- Eleventy Meetup organized by:
- The 11ties, organized last year by Henri Helvetica
- Our Sponsors and Open Collective Supporters:
Wow, such a big list! Do you want to help too?